Highland Reopening Guidelines
- The church building will be sanitized and disinfected using CDC-approved hospital-grade cleaning products before reopening, and on an ongoing basis thereafter.
- Signage will be placed on entrance doors instructing anyone with fever or flu-like symptoms not to enter the church.
- Worshippers and all guests entering the building are required to wear face masks, maintain social distance of at least 6 feet, and follow posted guidelines for social distancing and hygiene.
- Attendance at each individual service will be limited to no more than 250 worshippers
- Some seats and rows will be blocked off to maintain social distancing.
- Frequently touched surfaces in the church (chairs, door handles, microphones, etc.) will be cleaned and sanitized per CDC recommendations after each service. Restrooms will be disinfected between services.
- Ushers and Greeters will wear masks and not make physical contact when greeting worshippers. Orderly arrivals and departures will be coordinated by church ushers and security team.
- Hand sanitizer will be available throughout the church.
- No water fountains will be open or usable.
- At arrival and departure times, entrance doors will be propped open to limit contact with door handles.
- Offering buckets will be placed in the back of the sanctuary for guests who want to give. Online giving is encouraged through https://onrealm.org/
- No paper bulletins will be distributed. Instead, service bulletins/news will be posted to the church website (www.highlandny.org) or emailed by request.
- Ministries that are directly involved in the worship services will resume with limited numbers of people. No other ministries will meet at this time.
- There will be no choir or social gathering/refreshments etc. after service.
When we reopen,
- We will continue to stream our Sunday 10:30 am and Wednesday 7:00 pm worship services. We encourage you to attend Highland Church Online if you or your family member doesn’t feel well, or if you’re just not ready to attend church.
- Catch us on Facebook Live, YouTube Live, or highlandny.org/watch-live on Sundays at 10:30 am to experience worship, the message, and the community of your Highland church family through live chat and prayer. You can also watch our Mid-Week Bible Study every Wednesday at 7:00 pm.
- The church building will be open for 2 in-person services on SUNDAY ONLY at 8:00 a.m. and 10:30 a.m. Maximum attendance is 250 persons.
- Wednesday 7:00 p.m. service will remain Online.
- The 160-20 Highland Avenue entrance will be closed. Please use the 87-24 162nd Street entrance.
- The doors will open 30 minutes prior to each service.
- Service length will be shortened to allow for cleaning between services.
- The Sanctuary, New foyer and restrooms will be open. All other areas of the building will remain closed.
- Administrative Departments are available by phone daily from 9AM - 7PM. Call 1(718) 297-7475 to ask questions.
- Those who are at higher risk for COVID-19 due to age or underlying health conditions are encouraged to attend the online services until the danger of COVID-19 has passed.
- When will the church be open again?
As of right now, as we are taking it one week at a time, we do not have a solid date scheduled for reopening.
- When will we be scheduling weddings, funerals, and memorials again?
Once New York City has entered Phase 4 and it is once again safe to have large-scale events, we will be opening our calendar for weddings, funerals, and memorials.
Thank you for your prayers and support during this challenging time.
May God richly bless you.
Thank you ALL so much for your hard work in keeping us so closely posted and for preparing to open Highland's door's! Your love and servant heart is so evident. May our Lord continue to strength you all, and keep you and your families safe and well.
Blessings PR Barbara Wilson